When it comes to customer service. What is important to you? Does it matter to you whether you receive good customer service? Would you go back to an establishment or service if you were treated unfairly? Here are a few tips for you to know what to look out for when it comes to great customer service.
- The greeting you receive whether on the phone or through email. Was it genuine and nice? It is important to be nice at all times, even if you have an irate person on the other end. Always remember you didn’t make someone upset when they shoot off rude and accusatory remarks to you. You should remember to empathize with that person and try your best to help them and stay calm. Talk through a situation, ask questions to help them get to the bottom of the problem and reassure them you will do your best to help.
- Follow through. Great customer service has great follow through. Even if you hear “no”, isn’t it better than not hearing anything at all? Sometimes its not easy to hear “no” or say “no”, but we need to learn to say it and hear it.
- If you can’t help, find someone who can. You may not be able to solve the problem but you may find someone who can.
- Smile when you speak. It just makes you happier.
- Stand when you speak, it gets the blood rushing and makes you think better.
- Follow up. Always follow up even if you must be the bearer of bad news.
No matter what, stay true to yourself and the standards you live by. Effective communication is very important, however these days it can be very difficult. Stay strong and don’t take comments personal, think before you speak, and choose your words wisely.
Happy Customer Services!
Thanks for reading, Nancy.