There are many reasons to have a party! Some ideas include: birthdays, celebrating your friendships, anniversaries, relatives and friends visiting you, graduation, retirement, weddings… there are many reasons to celebrate and host a party!
Once you decide that you wish to host a party, there a few things to keep in mind:
- What is the occasion?
- Where are you going to host the event? If not your home, is the facility available?
- How many people are you expecting?
- Will children be attending?
- What is the menu? (consider allergies)
- Is there a theme for the event (tropical/costume/holiday)?
- What is the attire? (Consider time of the year).
- Indoor or outdoor event?
- Parking arrangements? (if being held at a private residence is there enough guest parking?)
- What kind of Party supplies are needed?
- Beverages to be served? Will alcohol be served, and if so, do you need a permit or insurance rider?
There is so much to think about when hosting a party. It is a good thing though, because you are not only creating an exciting experience, you are creating a memory.
Have fun during your planning and hire a helper to ease the heavy load. A helper can help plan, organize, shop, decorate, cook, bake, serve, bartend, clean up and work the party so you can be a guest NOT working it all.
Thanks for reading, Nancy.